The theme of Non-Objective Abstract Art can refer to Non-Objective Art or Non-Representational Art, which does not seek to represent specific objects, people, or other subjects found in the natural world, but instead relies on shape, line, color and form with no particular subject. Non-Objective Art is a pure abstract style that typically uses geometric motifs on a shallow picture plane. Art that has no illusion of pictorial depth made by linear perspective in the image and is purposely devoid of any references to worldly things or object. Styles include pure abstraction, such as geometric abstraction, neo-plasticism (De Stijl), color field, lyrical abstraction, concrete art, and more but must be unrelated to objective reality.
We are looking for all types of works--painting, sculpture, photography and more--works that show off your ability and creativity to work with the subject of non-objective abstract art. Give viewers and collectors a chance to see your capabilities... The main criteria for selection is creativity and fresh approaches in the artwork and use of the subject matter.
Accepted artists will be Juried for Gold and Silver cash prizes and 1st and 2nd Honorary awards. All accepted artists will be posted on the 3 Square Art website and our social media platforms. Top artists will be selected by 3 Square Art to be represented in our online gallery coming in 2019.
Juried by Mary Jane Edwards, Executive Director of the Jentel Foundation
- Exhibit Date: Friday, March 8, 2019 - Friday, March 29, 2019
- Opening Reception: Friday, March 8, 2019, 6-8:30pm
- Deadline for Submission: Sunday, January 27, 2019
- Media Type: All Media
Submission Fee: $38 for 3 images, $5 for additional work (up to 5)
For info visit: www.3square-art.com
3SA GOLD AWARD: $300 + Certification
3SA SILVER AWARD: $150 + Certification
First Honorable Mention Award: 1 FREE submission to a future 3SA Call for Entry (1 year)
Second Honorable Mention Award: Certification
Selected artists for the exhibition receive the following benefits:
- Posting to 3SA website and social media platforms
- Professional exhibition space and display of artwork
- One of top galleries in Northern Colorado (great addition to resume)
- Accepted artists will be listed on the 3SA website with their work and link to their website
- Press releases on exhibition sent to 3SA media outlets
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers