Job Title: Customer Support Specialist
Employer: Resource Central; Nonprofit in Boulder, CO
Job Status: 35-40 hours/week, Temporary (May – October)
Reports To: Water Programs Manager
About Resource Central
We’re an innovative nonprofit determined to make conservation so simple that people don’t even realize they’re doing it. Founded in 1976, our programs in water, energy, and waste have helped more than 600,000 people save money, improve their homes, and conserve natural resources. Learn more at: www.resourcecentral.org.
Resource Central Mission: To put conservation into action.
Water is one of the most important issues facing Colorado – and we’re looking for a friendly and enthusiastic professional to support water conservation program participants throughout the region. Resource Central, through a variety of popular programs and in partnership with over 40 water providers, helps homeowners across the Front Range learn about and practice water conservation and sustainable landscaping. The Customer Support Specialist will be working within the Slow the Flow and Leak Detection programs to help homeowners get their sprinkler systems assessed and troubleshoot possible leaks. They play a crucial role, providing exceptional customer service via phone and email and will be a key Resource Central representative in one-on-one interactions with program participants. Additionally, the position will assist in general administrative tasks related to the operation of Resource Central’s Water Programs as assigned.
After comprehensive training provided by Resource Central, the principal duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provide exceptional customer service to homeowners via phone and email for the Slow the Flow and Leak Detection programs.
• Assist in scheduling Slow the Flow consultations, smart controller and rain sensor installations throughout the Front Range
• Provide administrative and programmatic support for Slow the Flow and Leak Detection programs, including but not limited to, inputting program data, following up and connecting with participants, and tracking survey responses, etc.
• Conduct support calls for the Leak Detection program
• Maintain program metrics and customer data.
• Communicate knowledgeably and effectively with program participants about all of Resource Central’s programs.
• Actively contribute to the success of Resource Central and contribute towards building a positive, collaborative, and results-oriented team
Skills and Abilities
• Excellent phone presence and customer service skills
• Positive attitude even in the face of challenges
• Superior organization and precise attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently and in teams efficiently
• Flexibility and willingness to assist others to accomplish shared goals
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel
• Ability and desire to quickly learn new skills as needed
• Ability to troubleshoot and come up with creative solutions
• High School Diploma or equivalent - two or more years of relevant work experience or college course work
• Prior customer service experience required, phone and/or email support experience highly desired
• Knowledge of, or demonstrated interest in, conservation and/or water-efficient landscaping a plus
• Available to work 35-40 hours/wk. during regular business hours, Monday-Friday from 8am to 4pm
• Ability to work from home with reliable access to internet
Expectation for All Employees
Support Resource Central’s mission and commitment to:
• Promote innovation, excellence, and respect for the sustainability of our environment
• Work collaboratively, with integrity and respect for fellow employees, customers, and communities
• Embrace personal responsibility and accountability for your job
• Provide exceptional customer service; conduct yourself with courtesy & professionalism at all times
Application Deadline: Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Open until filled.
Start Date: May 17th, 2021
Application Process: To apply, submit a cover letter and a resume with the subject “Customer Support Specialist”
Resource Central is dedicated to equal employment opportunities. We provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job‐related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, military status, gender expression, genetic information or any other classification protected by applicable state or local law. It is our policy to maintain a non‐discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers