Boulder Community Health is hiring Full-Time Cooks! Variable Shifts & Hours available!
Full Time, Various Shifts.
Pay range is between $15.25-$18.82/hr, depending on years of relevant and like experience. There is an additional $2/hr for working evening and weekend shifts.
Boulder Community Health is a Certified Level II Trauma Center. We are honored to hold the awards of 2019 Best Medical Facility from Boulder Weekly, 2019 Best Medical Center from Yellow Scene’s, and Best Local Employer from Daily Camera. Come be part of an independent, community-focused health system; feel good knowing that your work will make a difference in people’s lives and positively contribute to the community.
Responsibility for production of all hot food prepared for patients, cafeteria and catered events.
Education or Formal Training
10 years education or equivalent preferred.
Special Qualifications (licensure, registration, etc.)
Knowledge, Skill And Ability
1. Ability to communicate and relate well with people.
2. Knowledge of how to organize and balance workload and decide priorities.
3. Knowledge and use of math skills to include weights, measures, and fractions.
4. Ability to meet deadlines while performing a number of tasks.
5. Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
6. Must be able to maneuver with precision around objects, people, and carts.
1. One year cooking experience preferred.
2. Institutional food service experience and knowledge of special diets preferred.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
1. Must stand for long periods of time.
2. Walking, twisting, turning, bending, stooping - constant movement involved.
3. Will be required to push/pull heavily loaded carts.
4. Lifting of sometimes heavy, hot pans.
5. Due to constant movement and equipment used, area's temperature can be warm.
6. Should expect lifting of up to 50 pounds.
1. Responsible for preparation of hot and some cold foods for patients, cafeteria-catered events in accordance with recipes and department standards.
2. Utilizes proper procedures given and standards to ensure yield and quality.
3. Ensures product temperatures meet department standards and portion control guidelines are followed.
4. Keeps area sanitary, neat, and clean
About Boulder Community Health and Boulder, Colorado
Uncompromising medical excellence delivered with respect and compassion. Since 1922, Boulder Community Health has built a strong reputation on these values. As community-owned and operated not-for-profit hospital and clinic locations, we remain dedicated to the evolving needs of our citizens and providing access to high-quality care.
Nestled in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, the Boulder lifestyle is conductive to enjoying the outdoors and brings a fresh perspective to healthcare practice.
Surround yourself by natural beauty and an active, life-embracing community. Enjoy state-of-the-art facilities and equipment along with competitive compensation and benefits, including health/dental/life, tuition reimbursement, on-site fitness center, Employee Wellness, Employee Activities & Discounts, and many more!