Boulder Community Health is hiring Full-Time & Part-Time Food Service Workers! Various Shifts & Hours available!
Pay range is between $15-$16/hr depending on years of relevant and like experience. There is an additional $2/hr differential for weekend shifts.
All Food Service Department employees receive one free meal per shift as well as free drinks! We also provide chef coat/shirts, hats, and slip resistant shoes as part of your uniform.
The Food Service Department is a fast-paced environment dealing with many cultures and personalities. We are a group of high energy and team oriented people!!
Boulder Community Health is a Certified Level II Trauma Center. We are honored to hold the awards of 2019 Best Medical Facility from Boulder Weekly, 2019 Best Medical Center from Yellow Scene’s, and Best Local Employer from Daily Camera. Come be part of an independent, community-focused health system; feel good knowing that your work will make a difference in people’s lives and positively contribute to the community.
Under supervision, performs a variety of routine duties in connection with the preparation, portioning of serving and selling of food. To prepare foods, serve in Café, work with diet aids, dish room, stock, food transport to pantries, and catering set-up.
Education or Formal Training
Proven skill in reading and writing, etc.
1. One-year Food Service production experience preferred.
2. 6 months general Food Service experiences preferred.
1. Prepares and portions food items for patient service and café service.
2. Follows recipes and other detailed instructions.
3. Runs cash register and assists customers.
4. Answers phone and keep up with the computer printouts.
5. Maintains cleanliness of department refrigerators and labels and dates all product.
6. Inspects all products before utilizing for café or patients. Informs Supervisor of any problems.
7. Maintains standards of cleanliness and sanitation of self and work area throughout the day (includes thorough and frequent hand washing).
8. Cleans related equipment, food carts and utility carts, checking for repairs and notifying a supervisor daily.
9. Demonstrates initiative. Recognizes and performs duties which need to be performed although not directly assigned.
10. Assists with receiving and storage of grocery/paper supplies by cutting open boxes or storing goods in the correct place.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
1. Must be able to stand for long periods of time
2. Exposure to cleaning chemicals and sharp objects.
About Boulder Community Health and Boulder, Colorado
Uncompromising medical excellence delivered with respect and compassion. Since 1922, Boulder Community Health has built a strong reputation on these values. As community-owned and operated not-for-profit hospital and clinic locations, we remain dedicated to the evolving needs of our citizens and providing access to high-quality care.
Nestled in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, the Boulder lifestyle is conductive to enjoying the outdoors and brings a fresh perspective to healthcare practice.
Surround yourself by natural beauty and an active, life-embracing community. Enjoy state-of-the-art facilities and equipment along with competitive compensation and benefits, including health/dental/life, tuition reimbursement, on-site fitness center, Employee Wellness, Employee Activities & Discounts, and many more!