Join the team of the premier animal hospital voted "Best Animal Hospital" in Boulder for 10 consecutive years. Our AAHA accredited hospital is dedicated to unparalleled patient care and customer service while providing a professional work environment that is busy and fun! Our staff are our most precious asset and they are treated to several off site events each year, which we hope to resume soon! ;)
We are seeking an experienced Client Service Representative to join our team. A qualified applicant will have at least 1 year of customer service experience. As a VCA animal hospital, we take our mission statement – your pet’s health is our top priority and excellent service is our goal – very seriously. With every opportunity, we aim to exceed each pet owner’s expectations. We’re looking for a personable yet highly professional “service extraordinaire” to join us in delivering our mission to our clients and their pets.
This position averages 30 hours/week. Shifts will be approx. 6 hours/day M-F, with occasional Saturday shifts 8am-12pm. Hourly pay is $15.00/hr. Eligible employees will receive access to our exceptional benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision coverage, 401k contribution, excellent pet care discounts, and more!
Why We Need You
As the face of VCA, the Client Service Representative sets the tone for the practice as we build and maintain each customer's trust and confidence in our abilities. The CSR is the pivot around which the hospital operates and is responsible for:
• Customer service functions, including: greeting visitors, answering telephones, and guiding clients and their pets through the appointment process.
• Scheduling and confirming appointments.
• Placing outbound calls for follow-ups and reaching out to prospective clients.
• Presenting and explaining fees, including processing payments.
• Recommending, selecting, and obtaining products and services, including prescriptions.
• Answering questions regarding products and services, including educating clients on general pet care topics (i.e., heartworm prevention, vaccine recommendations, housebreaking, and flea & tick control).
• Managing medical records, charts, reports and correspondence.
• Hospital maintenance (including removal of animal waste) and ensuring that facility is neat and clean at all times—both inside and outside.
To apply: please submit your resume via e-mail with the word "animal" in the subject line
Please note: This ad will be removed when the position is filled.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers