Position Title: Alaya Substitute Teacher
Job Code: FAC12
School: Alaya Preschool
Reports to: Alaya Lead Teacher
FLSA Classification: Non-exempt
Hours per Week: As needed
Pay Rate: $11.50 per hour
The Alaya Substitute Teacher is responsible for working with the Lead Teacher and other members of the teaching team in the general supervision and management of a class of children. The number of children and staff in the classroom will depend of the classroom assignment.
- Create and maintain a positive team environment and behave professionally with everyone encountered in the course and scope of the job duties.
- Treating one’s self, teaching partners, families and children with dignity and respect.
- Considering individual children in relationship to their cultural and social-economic background.
- Helping children become aware in their roles as integral members of a group.
- Being responsible as part of a teaching team for the ordered arrangement, appearance, décor, and learning environment of the classroom.
- Assuming an equal share of the joint housekeeping responsibilities of the staff.
- Other tasks as required.
- Ability to create and maintain a positive team environment and behave professionally with everyone encountered in the course and scope of the job duties.
- Sensitive and Mature.
- Able to relate well to young children and adults.
- Ability to work well with families and staff.
- Strong organizational and communication skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks effectively.
- Willingness to co-create an inclusive community and actively participate in related professional development, including openness to feedback and on-going self-examination.
- Previous infant, toddler or preschool teaching experience.
- Familiarity with the vision and mission of Naropa University.
Naropa University is actively engaged in creating an inclusive, diverse community and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. In keeping with our diversity initiatives, we encourage applications from persons of historically under-represented groups and those who support diversity.
Title IX is a federal civil rights law that prohibits gender discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual and relationship violence. This law applies to all students, faculty, and staff.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers