compensation: $14.00/hour + depending on experience, benefit eligible position employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Steamers Coffeeshop and Jack's Bar and Grill is looking for individuals interested in and capable of making a difference in the lives of people with disabilities.
Jack’s and Steamers continues to prove it’s possible to run an enterprising business which is sustainable and successful while employing individuals with developmental disabilities. Our Job Coaches support employees with disabilities to learn job skills in front and back of house, food prep, and baking positions.
Learn more about us: www.steamerscoffeeshop.com
Find us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/jacksandsteamers
We are looking for a job coach to teach vocational skills to adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities in a fast paced kitchen. Job coaches mentor, teach, role model, and supervise employees with disabilities to learn kitchen skills. Our goal is to empower our employees to make informed decisions about their employment and life experiences.
Hours are Monday thru Friday 10a - 6p
Pay rate $14.00 + per hour, depending on experience and education.
- Follow and provide daily documentation for all employee Service Plans, Individual Service and Support Plans, and the recommendation of team members.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of all employees throughout the day by providing supervision and assisting with safety skills.
- Perform 1:1 or small group job coaching in a restaurant and/or prep kitchen, as needed
- Observe confidentiality of all Steamers Coffeeshop and Jack's Bar and Grill employees
- Provide safe and reliable transportation for employees in agency vehicles
- Basic food prep for the restaurant, as needed
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Paid Vacation, Holiday and Sick time
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Accident and Hospital Indemnity Insurances available
- 401k Retirement Savings plan
Minimum Qualifications and Working Conditions
- Work is primarily a combination of restaurant and community settings
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs
- Must be able to push/pull a wheelchair with a person of moderate weight
- Driving for no more than one hour but may include several trips in one day
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply, please attach resume and cover letter indicating your interest and experience with your request for an interview.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers