College students and recent grads to work as educational facilitators (Boulder)
compensation: $20 - $25 per hour. Both part-time (20hr per week) and full-time (32hr per week) available. employment type: employee's choice
QR Code Link to This Post
Student Education Facilitator
Make a Plan Academy
$20 - $25 / hour
8am – 3pm
Part-time (3 days/week) and full-time (5 days/week) opportunities available
Make a Plan Academy is a new startup that offers individualized educational services for students and families. As many schools are turning to online and hybrid methods during COVID-19, many parents are faced with both troubleshooting their child’s new school system while trying to balance their own workload. At Make a Plan Academy, we offer consistent, safe, high-quality education by pairing students with world-class educational facilitators that help students learn successfully in their new educational environment.
We are currently looking for responsible, reliable young adults to work as educational facilitators in the homes of families who are doing online school for the 2020/21 school year. Facilitators will receive training in executive functioning (organization, time management, emotional regulation, impulse control), mindfulness, pedagogy, and effective communication during twice a week (paid) sessions. The training sessions would take place during the weeks of work, rather than before the semester, so the facilitators can put their new skills to use right away.
• Must be available during school hours (8am – 3pm) to meet with your student(s) and help in their online/hybrid school curriculum
• Interface with school teachers in place of parent or guardian
• Provide both academic support and extracurricular opportunities for students
• Practice active and strict social distancing outside of the job so that you can interface with your student(s) in a safe environment.
• Attend mandatory (paid) twice weekly educational training via Zoom. Each session is one hour during late afternoon/early evening and will be provided by Make a Plan Academy.
• Currently enrolled or graduated from accredited undergraduate program/institution
• Willingness to learn and receive educational training while employed
• Experience working with kids preferred but not required
To apply, please reply to this post with resume, cover letter, unofficial college transcript, and an optional letter of recommendation or reference in one pdf document.
Please allow up to one week between initial application and potential interview. After an interview, please allow up to two weeks for a decision to be made.
For questions regarding the position or how to apply, please reply to this posting.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers