Infant/Toddler Assistant Teacher in Waldorf/LifeWays home program (North Boulder)
compensation: $16-18/hour, depending on qualifications and experience employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
StarSong LifeWays Child Care is a Waldorf-inspired licensed, childcare home in north Boulder, CO, for infants and toddlers (6 months-3 ½ years). We are seeking a part-time Assistant Teacher to begin ASAP. Hours are 8:15am – 1:15/1:30pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and adding Mondays and Wednesdays in February. Program hours are 8:30-4:30, Monday-Thursday. StarSong is a LifeWays Representative Site (discounts available on LifeWays trainings).
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
• Assist the Owner/Lead Teacher with planning, carrying out activities, classroom management, and supervision of the group
• Take direction from the Lead Teacher regarding classroom management and day-to-day responsibilities according to LifeWays/Waldorf/RIE principles
• Snack and lunch preparations, and clean-up after eating: washing dishes and sweeping floor
• Assist children with outerwear, and handwashing, as needed.
• Assist with diapering and pottying
• Assist with practical and artistic activities and play time
• Festival support and participation (if COVID restrictions ease)
• Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
• Assist in presenting seasonal songs, fingerplays, stories, and puppetry
• Maintain general order, cleanliness, and aesthetics in classroom and outdoor area, including disinfecting/sanitizing toys and surfaces
• Candidate must be following COVID-conscious recommendations in their life: wearing a mask while working and when out in public areas, practicing physical distancing where applicable, must monitor and report any symptoms of illness or possible/known COVID exposure, and be willing to be tested for COVID if the need arises. (In staying open throughout the pandemic, there has only been one incidence of family exposure and that did not result in any closure or quarantine of anyone else attending/working here.)
Minimum Required Qualifications:
• High school diploma
• A love of very young children and an intuitive, observant, and flexible nature
• Enthusiasm for Waldorf-inspired education with a willingness deepen their knowledge
• Fingerprinting and background check, required by licensing
• CPR, First Aid, Universal Precautions, Safe Sleep, Preventing Abusive Head Trauma, and Child Abuse Reporting classes are required
• 15 hours of continuing education per year, as required by child care licensing
Pay for this position is $16-18.00 per hour depending on experience/qualifications. Program is year-round but closed a total of about 6 weeks per calendar year. We offer 9 paid holidays per year, 5 days paid sick leave, and professional development opportunities. Unfortunately not able to offer tuition discount for staff children, and program is currently full.
We appreciate receiving applications via email. No phone calls, please. Please send a cover letter with a brief bio, including your relationship to LifeWays/Waldorf education and/or RIE, your resume, and three professional references.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers