compensation: $16+/hr DOE employment type: part-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
We are seeking enthusiastic individuals excited about a unique opportunity to work alongside adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) pursuing independent employment in the community. Boulder Treasures, Inc., is a nonprofit founded in 2013, that creates pathways to purpose and community for adults with I/DD through an apprenticeship program operated out of our store. At Ramble on Pearl, we teach critical work skills to our apprentices through paid on-the-job training, then help them secure meaningful employment in the community. We then help our graduates to secure and sustain their new job. Our Field Job Coaches play a crucial role in working directly with our graduates and their employers as they transition from first day on the job to fully independent and valued employee.
• Understand, embrace and emanate Boulder Treasures’ mission.
• Identify the skills & responsibilities necessary for the success of our graduates in their jobs and assist them to achieve independence in meeting their employer’s expectations.
• Work with community employers to identify individuals within their organization that can provide natural supports to ensure the long-term success of our graduates and mentor these coworkers in the best ways to support them.
• Work with community employers to provide accommodations in job responsibilities as may be required to ensure the long-term success of our graduates in their jobs.
• Under the supervision of the Site Manager, follow standard procedures for written documentation of graduate performance and progress towards independence.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
The ideal candidate will have the following expertise:
• Experience and passion for working with and advocating for persons with I/DD.
• Ability to coach and instruct others to realize their full potential with clarity, consistency, firmness, respect, and patience.
• Display strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal and mentoring skills.
EDUCATIONAL & JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor's Degree, or minimum 1 year experience working with individuals with I/DD.
• Availability to work a flexible, project-based work schedule depending on any individual graduate’s assigned work shifts & length/intensity of supports necessary to achieve independence (0 – 20 hours/week for 1 – 3 month assignments).
• $16+/hr Depending on experience
• Performance bonuses
• Employee merchandise discount at Ramble on Pearl.
Please reply with a resume and cover letter
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers