Dawson, a K-12 independent school of 530 students located east of Boulder on a beautiful 107-acre campus, seeks an exceptional Athletic Trainer to ensure all students, primarily in grades 9-12, who participate in athletic activities are provided with medical attention and first aid care.
Dawson School Mission Statement
Dawson School is dedicated to excellence of mind, body, and character. We prepare students through challenging and relevant learning, to become creative, resilient problem-solvers who bring their best to the world.
• Demonstrated experience as an Athletic Trainer
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
• Athletic Trainer Certificate
• CPR/First Aid Certified
• Formal training of bandage and brace application
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• An attitude that exemplifies teamwork and personal responsibility
• Maintain strict confidentiality in all matters
• Demonstrate enthusiasm for work with students, coaches, and parents
• Model school virtues of respect, compassion, courage, and integrity
• Communicate (orally and in writing) effectively with all school constituencies
• Collaborate and work positively as a member of a team
• Maintain a flexible schedule to accommodate daily practices, evening games, and Saturday games and practices. This includes rescheduled games.
• Evaluate injuries, concussions, and play protocols
• Contact and work with First Responder’s when needed
• Develop and oversee rehabilitation and prevention programs
• Other administrative duties and projects as needed
This is an hourly, part-time position. Monday – Friday from 2-6 pm plus evening games and Saturday practices and games. The hourly rate for this position is $25. Interested candidates should go to the Dawson website (www.dawsonschool.org), scroll to the bottom of the page, and click on the Employment link, click the link under Current Job. Opportunities at Dawson, and select the Athletic Trainer posting to apply for this position. Only online applications will be accepted. This position is available immediately and will be effective through June 26, 2021, or at the conclusion of the CHSAA D season.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers