compensation: $12-$15 per hour employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Sunflower Farm’s Mission Statement is: To cultivate an appreciation for farming, nature and our sustainable future by providing a place of mindful education and memories through daily farm routines, experiential play, family time together and stillness.
Sunflower Farm’s SproutHouse Preschool is looking for a Assistant Preschool Teacher who would be responsible for helping the lead teacher with daily activities, organization and the well-being of our students. They must love children, animals and enjoy being outside! Assistant Early Childhood Education teachers must be able to:
1. Mindfully adhere and implement mission statement as directed by the Director.
2. Maintain proper supervison of children out on the farm and in each classroom
3. Must be CPR/First Aid certified (or be willing to take the class prior to start date)
4. Build professional relationships with all parents and children.
5. Have good organizational skills
6. Adhere to all emergency procedure plans.
7. Must attend the mandatory farm training date.
8. Must take the approved Child Abuse and Neglect training class.
9. Must take the approved OSHA class prior to start date and adhere to all OSHA standards.
10. Must take the approved Injury Prevention class.
11. Must pass the Criminal Background check and fingerprinting.
12. Must obtain an annual health exam.
13. Be able to take initiative and take lead when needed.
1. Must be 18 or older
2. Must demonstrate ability to work with children.
3. Must have a 1 year of preschool or Early Childhood Education experience working with children.
PHYSICAL ASPECTS OF THE JOB:
1. Ability to be outdoors in many different types of weather. For example: snow, cold, wind.
2. Ability to walk/play/run with a group of 8 children on a 55-acre farm in many different types of
3. Ability to bend over and to lift 50 lbs.
4. Assistants will get dirty, wet, and clothing could get stained with paint. Must wear
appropriate, close toed shoes.
5. Must be able to climb over the fence of various pens to get animals out for the children.
6. Must be able to complete all chores (feeding and watering goats, sheep, chickens, horse,
donkey, cows, llama, tortoise)
Job Starts August ASAP and is part-time
Additional Hours are also available to the right candidate on weekends and possible evenings in working our public Farmfest hours. This position entails being friendly with the public, multi-taskings, taking initiative, cleaning and care of farm before and after event and being able to be assertive with the public to keep them, our animals, plants and farm safe.
Please send cover letter and resume.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers