compensation: We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including health insurance and retirement plan with company match. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Job Title: Civil Project Engineer
Job Description: Brown Civil Engineering, located in Lafayette, CO, is seeking a highly motivated person to join our firm. We have an immediate opening for a Civil Project/Design Engineer for land development & site design work.
We are seeking an adaptable and flexible team player with a strong desire to grow personally and professionally and take an active role in helping the company grow. Our corporate culture includes training, mentoring and encouragement of junior engineers and we advocate professional growth for all employees. Successful candidates will work with our team of experienced engineers who are dedicated to providing environmentally responsible, practical engineering solutions.
• BSCE, about 2-5 years of experience in civil consulting or municipal field. Candidates with more experience are encouraged to apply, with the understanding that this is a production position. Salary commensurate with experience.
• EI or PE License a plus.
• Civil 3D proficiency.
• Passion for engineering and commitment to service a must.
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Commitment to meeting deadlines.
• Experience (in Colorado preferred, but not required), including site layout, grading and drainage, erosion control and utility design, preparation of drainage and erosion control reports, cost estimating
• Civil site design of projects from concept to completion using company and industry standards.
• Storm drainage design
• Utility design for water and wastewater
• Infrastructure design, including roads and parking lots
• Client coordination
• Field data gathering for Facilities Conditions Assessments and typical design projects
• Construction observations
About Brown Civil Engineering
Brown Civil Engineering Group, Inc. dba BROWN CIVIL ENGINEERING is a Colorado corporation based in Lafayette, CO that provides professional civil engineering services to clients throughout the Rocky Mountain and Midwest regions. Our company, formed in 2007, is a Woman Owned Business. Margaret Brown, company president, was honored by the National Society of Engineers (NSPE) – CO as the Woman Engineer of the Year in 2018. Staff members hold professional civil engineer licenses in Colorado and Nebraska, and are active in US Green Building Council with LEED certification as well as floodplain manager certifications. Other organizations we are active in include ASCE, NSPE (MathCounts) and Women in Design. The firm holds multiple Denver and CDOT business certifications, and received the Biz West Mercury 100 award as one of Boulder Valley’s fastest growing private companies - 2017 and 2018.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including health insurance and retirement plan with company match.