As Boulder's premier Hotel & Spa we strive to create memorable travel experiences for our guests and exceptional employment experiences for our associates. St Julien's goal is to become the destination of choice in the State of Colorado by providing world-class service. To do this, we must find and invest in associates who have talents that will enhance St Julien's Four Star/Four Diamond reputation and brand.
St Julien Hotel & Spa is looking for highly motivated and talented Line Cooks, whose primary responsibility is to ensure that lunch and dinner dishes are executed properly, consistently, and within the standard times. Our ideal candidate should be truly passionate about their work, reliable, and committed to providing great dining experiences with outstanding guest service!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure that food is prepared accurately and in a timely manner
- Remain knowledgeable of all current lunch, Happy Hour, and dinner menu offerings
- Follow menus, formulas and established standards for food preparation
- Plan, produce, and inventory mise en place and other food prep on a daily basis
- Use fresh ingredients and ensure food quality standards are maintained
- Organize coolers, freezer, dry storage, and maintain overall kitchen cleanliness
- Ensure proper storage of all foods including coverage, labeling, dating, and using the proper containers. Also maintain the appropriate temperature of all foods
- Keep work station clean and sanitized at all times
- Adhere to St Julien's environmental commitment and Zero Waste goals
- Other duties as assigned by Manager
- Minimum 2 years culinary experience required. Fine dining/hospitality experience highly preferred
- Previous experience working on sauté/broiler stations is highly preferred
- Ideal candidate must be able to multitask effectively and work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to cross-train and work in different kitchen stations is essential
- Must have open and flexible availability and be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
* Additional consideration will be given to candidates who also have previous pastry experience * (NOT REQUIRED)
St Julien Hotel & Spa offers amazing Perks & Benefits!
All St Julien associates are eligible for the following:
• Paid sick leave
• Aflac supplemental insurance options
• 401(k) with Company match
• RTD EcoPass
• 50% discount the Spa and Jill's Restaurant
• Discounted associate room rate
• AND MORE!
Full Time associates are eligible for the following additional Perks & Benefits:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance options
• Paid time off (PTO)
• Paid holidays (including associate's birthday)
Find us on Glassdoor.com to see what other associates say about working here!
As a part of our pre-employment screening process, candidates who are extended an offer of employment are required to pass a criminal background check.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers