As Boulder's premier Hotel & Spa we strive to create memorable travel experiences for our guests and exceptional employment experiences for our associates. St Julien's goal is to become the destination of choice in the State of Colorado by providing world-class service. To do this, we must find and invest in associates who have talents that will enhance St Julien's Four Star/Four Diamond reputation and brand.
Jill's Restaurant in the St Julien Hotel & Spa encourages sustainable, organic farming practices, and is a proud no-kill kitchen with a commitment to the humane treatment of animals. The menu features an approachable, yet delectable selection of dishes, including our highly acclaimed vegan selections. If you would like to join us and be part of Boulder’s top Hotel Restaurant, this may be the opportunity you've been waiting for!
The St Julien Hotel & Spa is looking for a creative and professional Sous Chef. We are looking for a passionate culinarian who takes pride in providing a great dining experience, as well as in their leadership abilities! Our ideal candidate is a natural born leader who will thrive in a fast paced environment, motivate and guide our Culinary team, and create phenomenal cuisine that will exceed our guests' expectations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Represent St Julien as a great place to work and as a great place to stay, dine, and relax
- Remain knowledgeable of all menu offerings and be able to assist any Culinary associate
- Set up line requirements and staffing
- Estimate food requirements and order food from suppliers
- Supervise, direct, and assign work of cooks and stewards
- Produce accurate recipes including portion control, pricing and costing
- Maintain proper sanitation/health code procedures
- Uphold and enforce all quality standards
- Be able to perform all tasks and duties in kitchen operation including, but not limited to, all line stations, dishwashing, expediting, preparation, and butchery
- Adhere to St Julien's environmental commitment and Zero Waste goals
- Other duties as required by Manager
- Must be comfortable as a team player, but also able to be autonomous
- Responsible for effective self/workload management. Must be able to multi-task while prioritizing service goals/standards
- Promotes collaboration and a positive, professional work environment
- Integrity and strong ethics are a must
- Maintains a warm and friendly demeanor at all times. Approach all encounters with associates and guests in an attentive, courteous, and service-oriented manner
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written with all levels of associates and guests
- Culinary arts degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum 3 years' kitchen management experience required. Must be able to demonstrate proven track record of successfully managing a team
- Fine dining/hospitality experience highly preferred
- Must have open and flexible availability and be able to work weekends and holidays
St Julien Hotel & Spa offers amazing Perks & Benefits!
All St Julien associates are eligible for the following:
• Paid sick leave
• Aflac supplemental insurance options
• 401(k) with Company match
• RTD EcoPass
• 50% discount the Spa and Jill's Restaurant
• Discounted associate room rate
• AND MORE!
Full Time associates are eligible for the following additional Perks & Benefits:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance options
• Paid time off (PTO)
• Paid holidays (including associate's birthday)
Find us on Glassdoor.com to see what other associates say about working here!
As a part of our pre-employment screening process, candidates who are extended an offer of employment are required to pass a criminal background check.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers