compensation: 55K + based on bonus performance employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
As Colorado's top BBQ destination, we strive to create memorable dining experiences for our guest and provide our team members with an exceptional work environment. Georgia Boys BBQ's goal is to provide competition quality BBQ and "home-cooked" sides while making every guest feel as if they are being welcomed into our home. We are a growing company with two flagship locations in Longmont and Frederick and looking to open our third in the next year which will provide plenty of opportunities for advancement within the company.
We are looking to hire a Salary Kitchen Manager.
The Kitchen Manager will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- Weekly Paychecks
- Free bar drink per shift
- Free shift meals
- 40% off the entire tab when dining with family and friends. (Alcohol is excluded)
- 40% off all retail and swag
- Company outings to places such as Rockies Games, Avalanche Games, etc.. (Typically with a "Party Bus" provided for transportation)
- Annual Christmas Party for all team members and their families or significant other.
- 3 day training seminar trips with the Owners and other leadership team members.
- 5 year celebration trip to destinations such as New Orleans, Austin, Nashville and more.
All full time employees are eligible for the following additional benefits and perks after 90 days of employment.
*All BOH team members are considered full time at 30 hours per week.
- Health care plans through United Health Care
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- 401K Retirement Plans
We also believe that family time and quality of life for all of our team members is extremely important and because of these core beliefs, the entire company is closed for the following holidays:
- Memorial Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving and Black Friday
- Close at 2 pm on Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day and the day after Christmas
Kitchen Manager Job Description:
The Kitchen Manager is to provide leadership to all BOH positions including dishwashers, prep cooks, line cooks, & pit masters. It is their responsibility that the BOH team is preparing all food in accordance with the company’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
They are to work collaboratively with the team to provide success in personal management, employee recruitment, development and retention. Identify, analyze and execute best practices for growth and sustainability.
Duties & Responsibilities:
● Understand completely all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
● Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service always.
● Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant's recipes,
portioning, cooking and serving standards.
● Achieve company objectives in food cost, food quality & consistency of food.
● Responsible for the appearance, organization, sanitation and cleanliness of all BOH areas.
● Fill in where needed for all BOH positions. Split your time equally among all of the BOH positions to give
support, coach, and develop a strong team.
● Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
● Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection
and by following the restaurant's preventive maintenance programs. If equipment does need repair, consult
with the AGM and/or GM and make a decision immediately.
● Ensure that all products are received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in
accordance with the restaurant's receiving policies and procedures.
● Schedule labor as required by anticipated sales forecast while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and
as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
● Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel. With the help and presence of the GM and/or
AGM, administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies,
rules and procedures.
● Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health,
safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees and guests.
● Develop weekly specials that begin on Wednesday and end on Tuesday. Ensure they fit within our brand &
food cost goals. Work with a FOH manager to create a POS button. Train the BOH how to prepare the
special and explain and sample to the FOH.
● Manage all areas of the BOH operations while ensuring the company’s standards of quality, service and
operations are maintained.
● Implement change to achieve success with company initiatives.
● Manage and motivate team members through positive and respectful leadership.
● Identify and develop team members that want to pursue a future leadership position.
● Promote cross training of team members to increase productivity and knowledge.
● Manage and verify accuracy of weekly BOH inventory.
● Responsible for accurate and timely ordering from all food & equipment vendors. Any mistakes, shorts, quality issues, etc.. need to be taken care of the day it is noticed and documented in the manager notes.
● An associate degree or college education in restaurant and hospitality management and/or a culinary degree are preferred.
● Be 21 years of age.
● Have extensive knowledge of the food and beverage industry. Generally involving at least three years of BOH experience as a manager in a high-volume kitchen.
● Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
● Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds or more.
● Must have the stamina to work 45+ hours per week.
● Must have current ServeSafe Food Handler certification. Food Manager certification preferred.
● Must be able to work weekends and nights.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers