compensation: Pay is competitive and commensurate with experience employment type: employee's choice
QR Code Link to This Post
Skills 4 Life Pediatric Occupational Therapy
About the Opportunity:
Come join a team of passionate, dynamic therapists providing exemplary pediatric occupational therapy to children throughout Boulder County and surrounding areas!
Skills 4 Life Pediatric Occupational Therapy is centered around a culture of collaboration and support to ensure we provide the highest quality services to the families we serve. We currently serve preschool- through high-school-aged children in home and clinic settings as well as via teletherapy. Opportunities to resume providing OT services in five private schools is pending the lifting of restrictions due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Skills 4 Life is a therapist-owned private practice that was founded in 2010 and is continuously growing to meet the needs of children in our community. While we have been a niche practice specializing in remediating and teaching handwriting, keyboarding, and executive function skills, opportunities exist to develop early intervention and other specialty programs that you are passionate about.
The Ideal Candidate
• Passionately interested in helping children develop to their fullest potential
• Exceptional customer service and client care experience skills
• Self-motivated with the willingness to exceed client expectations
• Strong observational, clinical, and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrates a strong knowledge of content area, teaching methods, and learning styles in relation to students of all levels and abilities
• Caring and empathetic
• Positive growth mindset
• Creative and result oriented
• Positively impacts student achievement by implementing programs designed to increase academic skills and success
• Open to learning and continually improving existing skill sets
• Dependable and trustworthy
• Enjoys working collaboratively but able to function independently
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrates strong problem solving and decision-making abilities
• Detail-oriented and outstanding executive function skills
• Handwriting Without Tears experience a big plus
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
SUMMARY: To provide occupational therapy services to students in preschool through high school. Assess and identify OT needs in order to provide intervention to ensure student success and promote academic achievement. Intervention will include but is not limited to activities of daily living, fine motor skills, gross motor skills, visual motor skills, social-emotional skills, executive function skills, and sensory needs. Document treatment goals with related ongoing progress, provide recommendations for 504 plans, participate in school meetings when requested. Develop and promote good relationships among parents, clients, staff, and referral sources.
• Provide exemplary occupational therapy services under the direction and supervision of the occupational therapy clinic owner/director
• Ensure clients receive the highest quality of service in a compassionate and caring milieu that recognizes and supports our clients’ needs
• OT services to include evaluations, individual service, small groups, and occasional consultation services to all levels of student abilities
• Develop and implement treatment plans based on evaluation findings. These may include all areas of motor development—fine, gross, visual, and sensory as well as primitive reflex integration, handwriting, keyboarding, executive function skills, social-emotional skills, ADLs, etc.
• Communicate weekly student progress to students, parents, and other professionals on child’s team through progress monitoring data
• Maintains appropriate and timely documentation for all clients evaluated and treated
• Develop new and improved services through ongoing assessment of existing evaluation methods and treatment techniques and incorporating new techniques in clinical practice
• Develop or assist in new program development
• Attends and contributes to required meetings as a representative of Skills 4 Life
• Maintain a clean and safe clinical environment
• Supervise a small staff of highly skilled occupational therapy assistants
• Communicate, in a timely manner, with other health care professionals
• Maintain a minimum productivity standard of six sessions per workday
• Adhere to billing compliance standards
• Adhere to the OT Code of Ethics
• Engage in ongoing professional development
• Demonstrate the willingness to do anything that is in the best interest of making Skills 4 Life better
• A B.S. or M.S. degree from an occupational therapy curriculum accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE)
• Individual certification obtained from the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT)
• State of Colorado DORA registration
• Two years of experience in the practice of pediatric occupational therapy
• Valid driver’s license
• Must be able to travel to and from assigned cases including but not limited to driving a personal vehicle and walking
• The ability to climb and descend staircases
• The ability to lift 10 pounds regularly
• The ability to sit on the floor, kneel, and/ or crawl for extended periods
Salary and Benefits:
• Flexible hours (part-time to full-time)
• Professional Liability Insurance
• Health Insurance
• Continuing Education (after one year of employment)
• Management opportunities
• Pay is competitive and commensurate with experience and will be discussed during the interview process
• Bonus program
To learn more about Skills 4 Life visit www.skills4lifeot.com
Please send your resume and cover letter to Karina Black.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Skills 4 Life Pediatric Occupational Therapy, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be evaluated without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers