Situated at the base of the Rocky Mountains, in Louisville, Colorado, Balfour's retirement communities enjoy no fewer than 300 days of sunshine a year—the perfect backdrop for Balfour's Boulder County campus. With comfortable elegant environments and the amenities of a fine resort, our Louisville retirement communities are the perfect place to enjoy a life in motion. Balfour’s experienced staff is trained in providing the support needed by each resident to assist them in living an independent life.
In this key customer service oriented role, you will be responsible for providing basic nursing care to residents under the direction of a licensed nurse. Duties may include assisting residents with their activities of daily living, providing bedside care, meeting the resident’s emotional and psychosocial needs, responding to resident call lights and requests for assistance, and taking resident vital signs.
POSITION SCHEDULE: Full Time day shifts available. Must be able to work every other weekend.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Partner with our licensed nurses to provide the highest quality of care and service to our residents.
• Successful candidates provide essential nursing care that involves assistance with daily living needs and providing emotional support to this generation.
• We have various full time and part time positions available.
• May perform other duties as assigned
• Ability to be compassionate and patient
• Ability to maintain a customer focus treating all customers with respect and integrity
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, & SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people, particularly the elderly and their family members
• Ability to read, write, and understand the English language
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, & SKILLS PREFERRED:
• Customer Service experience a plus
• Knowledge and experience as a caregiver preferred but not required, will provide training
• Experience working with seniors and/or individuals with memory impairment helpful
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Lots of walking, at least 7 hours, with 1 hour of sitting
• Ability to lift up to a minimum of 30 pounds
• Must be available to work weekends and holidays as needed
• May be exposed to unpleasant odors, contagious diseases and blood borne pathogens
• Balfour is a pet-friendly community; you may be exposed to animal hair and dander