compensation: $20 - $25/hour DOE employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
As Boulder's premier Hotel & Spa we strive to create memorable travel experiences for our guests and exceptional employment experiences for our associates. St Julien's goal is to become the destination of choice in the State of Colorado by providing world-class service. To do this, we must find and invest in associates who have talents that will enhance St Julien's Four Star/Four Diamond reputation and brand.
Do you have a welcoming personality and helpful nature? Are you happiest when you’re juggling tasks and do you crave a variety of challenges? Are you seeking a career working in Human Resources, but looking for an opportunity to first gain hands-on experience and hone your skills? If so, then you might be just the candidate we are looking for!
The St Julien is looking for a dependable, well-organized, and trustworthy Human Resources Administrator to round out our HR team! We are looking for someone who aims to grow their knowledge of HR, and who especially might want to learn everything there is to know about HR in Hospitality! In this role, you will provide overall support to the HR Department – enabling smooth operations in a fast-paced environment. While doing so you will have the unique opportunity to be exposed to the organizational needs of a Forbes 4-Star property, to shadow interviews and business meetings, and to grow your practical knowledge in areas that interest you in the world of Human Resources!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist with and coordinate recruitment efforts, including posting jobs externally, monitoring third-party job posting sites, and extending job offers
- Facilitate pre-employment and onboarding processing
- Create and maintain new hire personnel files and other files in accordance with compliance requirements
- Organize and execute associate events and recognition programs, including new hire orientation
- Audit hours worked in payroll reports for benefits eligibility
- Understand and enforce Company policies. Support fair and consistent application of federal, state, and local laws.
- Assist HR Manager to ensure effective associate relations and serve as a resource for performance management
- Support the Company’s worker’s compensation program and promote our commitment to a clean and safe work environment
- Complete all verification of employment/income requests
- Work with HR Manager to provide timely assistance to internal and external HR inquiries/requests
- Assist with the coordination and communication of important information to associates, as needed
- Knowledgeably answer associate questions regarding benefits and other HR-related topics
- Notify HR Manager promptly and fully of all problems or unusual matters of significance
- Assist with payroll process as needed to ensure efficient and accurate processing
- Administrative duties including but not limited to filing, scanning documents, data entry, and maintenance of accurate HR-related records
- Additional tasks/projects as assigned by the HR Manager
- Must be comfortable as a team player, but also able to be autonomous.
- Openness to learn and to receive feedback is critical. It is not required or expected that the candidate who fills this role must be a seasoned HR professional, however our ideal candidate IS expected to be eager and open to learning and being coached.
- Responsible for effective self/workload management. Must be able to multi-task and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Promotes collaboration and a positive, professional work environment. Integrity and strong ethics are a must!
- Maintains a warm and friendly demeanor at all times. Approach all encounters with associates and guests in an attentive, courteous, and service-oriented manner.
- College degree in Human Resources or a related field is required, OR a combination of previous work experience and education.
- Strong preference for experience in Hospitality or the service industry.
- Must have excellent attention to detail, strong organizational and communication skills, and a professional presence.
- Must be computer savvy and have working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Familiarity with and knowledge of related federal, state, and local employment laws are helpful.
- Basic accounting knowledge is required.
- Ability to at times work flexible days/hours and attend after-hours associate events as necessary.
St Julien Hotel & Spa offers amazing Perks & Benefits!
All St Julien associates are eligible for the following:
• Paid sick leave
• Aflac supplemental insurance options
• 401(k) with Company match
• RTD EcoPass
• 50% discount the Spa and Jill's Restaurant
• Discounted associate room rate
• AND MORE!
Full Time associates are eligible for the following additional Perks & Benefits:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance options
• Paid time off (PTO)
• Paid holidays (including associate's birthday)
Find us on Glassdoor.com to see what other associates say about working here!
As a part of our pre-employment screening process, candidates who are extended an offer of employment are required to pass a criminal background check.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities