compensation: $58,000 - $63,000 plus benefits (medical and access to reimbursement account (HSA) with generous employer contributions, 403b retirement plan with up to a 4% employer match, and more) employment type: full-time non-profit organization
Do you have a passion for human resources? Are you inspired to create positive change in our local community? Do you enjoy working in a collaborative and supportive environment in a values-driven organization that cares deeply for its employees? If so, the Boulder JCC might be the place for you!
Our dynamic and community-centered organization is looking to add a talented, conscientious, and resourceful Human Resources (HR) Manager to the team. The primary role of this position is to implement and manage human resources strategies as well as administer and evaluate all HR functions while ensuring that the Boulder JCC’s mission is upheld in its practices and people. As the HR Manager, you’ll work most closely with the Senior Director of Operations, as well as the Senior Director of Finance, and within a top-notch Operations Team. As the backbone of all HR functions at the Boulder JCC, the HR Manager spans a wide range of responsibilities, such as recruiting and onboarding, staff engagement and retention, professional development, payroll and benefits administration, policy, and compliance.
This position requires an affinity to work both independently and collaboratively to handle varied requests and proactively anticipate changing needs. In addition to being organized and detail-oriented, this position depends on your analytical skills, discretion and confidentiality, and the ability to communicate effectively.
The health and safety of our staff is our top priority. Depending on current Boulder JCC health and safety protocols at the time of hire, this role will either onboard virtually and begin working in a hybrid model (some days remote and some days onsite each week) or onboard and begin working fully onsite, with the ability to work remotely when necessary.
• Approach work with sensitivity, confidentiality, and thoughtfulness, placing priority on the Boulder JCC’s mission and values and the well-being of our staff, program participants, and community members.
• Serve as the HR subject matter expert within the organization and across all administrative and program areas, including early childhood/preschool, youth camps/programming, teen programming, and young adult and adult programming
• Proactively execute the needs of HR processes, including but not limited to creation and maintenance of policies, Employee Handbook, presentations, staff files, and vendor management. As applied more specifically to our HR functions:
- Compensation: Ensure that payroll is established and updated correctly, process semi-monthly payroll and coordinate with finance to ensure correct entry into financial reporting system
- Benefits: Administer all company benefits and 403(b) plan, including compliance and reporting, employee education and enrollment, vendor management, annual evaluation and recommendation
- Recruiting and hiring: Oversee and participate in the recruiting process for all staffing, including postings, resume reviews, interview scheduling and feedback management, background and reference checks
- Onboarding and offboarding: Manage onboarding process to ensure preparedness of new employees, compliance with local, state, federal, and internal standards and regulations, and internal processes
- Professional development: Conduct or organize training, collaborate with Senior Leadership Team on employee-wide staff meetings, research and develop programs and tools to address talent development priorities of the organization
- Performance management: Coordinate staff execution of performance management process (including periodic reviews, coaching, and monitoring) that aligns organization-wide and individual metrics; manage staff execution of process
- Policy, compliance, and risk management: Maintain compliance with all local, state, and federal employment laws and regulations; stay up to date on trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and review policies and practices to maintain compliance
• Continually optimize processes, including researching best practices and drafting recommendations for HR functions as identified.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
• Five years of relevant work in human resources field required (non-profit work experience preferred)
• HR Certification (PHR/SPHR) strongly preferred
• Knowledge of Human Resources functions, policies, technologies, and procedures (familiarity with Paylocity a plus)
• Well-developed people skills and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with integrity and discretion
• A positive approach, strong initiative, and the capacity to adapt under pressing deadlines
• Clear, professional, and effective communications
• Excellent organization and attention to detail, a strong work ethic, and the ability to work independently
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
This position works primarily during business hours. Due to safety concerns of COVID-19, this position will either onboard virtually and begin working in a hybrid model (some days remote and some days onsite each week) or onboard and begin working fully onsite, with the ability to work remotely when necessary. The health and safety of our staff is our top priority. As such, we have put extensive COVID-19 policies and procedures in place for employees working on-site, and currently have employees whose jobs can be performed remotely to continue to work off-site. You will be provided a laptop and need to establish a space with stable internet connectivity from which to work during business hours if working offsite. While performing regular duties, you will be required to sit, stand, reach, walk, or kneel, and to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals with disabilities.
This is a full-time, exempt salaried position with a salary range of $58,000 - $63,000 commensurate with experience. The benefits currently include medical and access to reimbursement account (HSA) with generous employer contributions, 403b retirement plan with up to a 4% employer match, dental, vision, disability, life, as well as paid vacation time and holidays, staff discounts, and more.
Applications are accepted online here. Once you submit your application, a member of our hiring team will be in touch if we would like to schedule an interview. An offer of employment in this position will be contingent on the successful completion of a background check.
We look forward to hearing from you!
The Boulder JCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Boulder JCC’s mission is to provide programs and services based in Jewish values and traditions in a place where people of all ages and backgrounds gather to connect, exchange ideas, learn, and grow. The Boulder JCC is recognized for its innovative approaches to community engagement with the next generation and families through meaningful experiences and philanthropy.