compensation: o Range: $46,000-$50,000 employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
HOUSING CASE MANAGER
The Emergency Family Assistance Association (EFAA) is in search of its next Housing Case Manager to assist families in EFAA’s short-term and transitional housing programs in increasing their self-resiliency and obtaining stable housing by providing trauma-informed, empowerment-based case management following the Family Resource Center’s guidelines and quality standards of care. Additional responsibilities include assisting with the property management of the site deliver mail, unit inspection, unit turnaround tasks, light cleaning, site/grounds checks.
Hours of Work: 40.0 hours per week. This person will work within the hours of 8:00 - 5:30 with occasional evening hours. A specific schedule determined by the employee and their supervisor in conjunction with other staff who work at those locations. Regular and timely attendance is an essential function of this job. This position is supervised by the Housing Programs Manager.
Working Environment, Physical Activities and Equipment Used:
• Typical office environment
• 70% case management / resident interaction
• 30% on site property management duties
• Ability to lift 50lbs
• Ability to perform light housecleaning duties
• Ability to use standard office equipment-fax, phone, printer, scanner, computer
• Will be required to travel to other EFAA sites around Boulder County
Work Site: Echo House Boulder, CO 80304
In response to the Covid-19 crises, some or all of the scheduled work, including participant contact, may be performed from a remote, off-site location, such as your home. EFAA will provide some computer resources to facilitate the remote work using virtual meetings, etc.
Scope and Responsibilities of the Position:
• Provide trauma-informed, strengths-based case management services to housing residents designed to assist them in their efforts to acquire stable housing and increase self-resiliency.
• Coordinate case planning with family strengthening and children’s programs to provide cohesive wrap around services.
• Provide residents with household supplies and direct financial assistance during their stay.
• Maintain positive working relationships with community partners and other agencies working with housing residents.
• Execute property management protocols in collaboration with finance and property management team.
• Follow up with residents after program exit
• Maintain data entry requirements through Bishop File and Boulder County Connect database.
• Attend monthly Program Team meetings in Boulder and weekly Housing Team meetings.
• Coordinate the acquisition, stocking, and distribution of donated food, furniture, and household supplies acquired through donors.
• Organize community events for residents, independently or in collaboration with the children’s activity coordinator, to foster community within housing sites.
• Represent EFAA at community groups and public forums.
• Assist in the development and evaluation of programs and services.
• Commit to a professional development plan.
• Minimum bachelor's degree in relevant field (or commensurate professional experience).
• Two years of case management experience with underserved or vulnerable populations or related graduate/undergraduate degree with relevant experience.
• Verbal and Written Spanish language proficiency
• Proficient in MS Office and Google platforms (Word, Excel, Docs, Sheets)
• Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
• Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
• Ability to establish priorities in an environment of competing demands.
• Ability to communicate and work easily with a wide variety of people
• Experience working with families experiencing homelessness
• Public speaking experience
• Leadership experience
• Attention to detail and an ability to manage multiple projects a must.
Why You Should Apply:
EFAA’s culture is employee-focused providing access to generous benefits package including:
• Considerable PTO
• Up to 100% employer paid health insurance premiums
• Employer paid Simple IRA contributions
• Family friendly policies and practices
• Designated paperwork time
• A commitment to professional development and training
• Starting salary dependent on experience and education level
TO APPLY, please email your resume and cover letter
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers