compensation: $18.00 per Hour/Salary of $37,440 with benefits employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Job Title: Maintenance Assistant
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week with Benefits. This employee may be expected to work some weekends to respond to emergencies. Some scheduling flexibility is available to be determined by the supervisor and employee. Regular and timely attendance is an essential function of this job.
EFAA’s Vision: A community where everyone is stable, healthy and thriving.
EFAA’s Mission: EFAA provides stabilizing services, innovative programs and transformative advocacy to strengthen families and create a thriving community.
Organization: For over 100 years, EFAA has been a locally operated community safety net for families in times of need. In addition to committed staff, EFAA has strong community partnerships and a thriving volunteer program which help to facilitate our mission.
General Statement of Duties: This position is responsible for ongoing and preventative maintenance of all EFAA facilities. The responsibilities include: general maintenance work, upkeep of facilities, and routine preventive work on EFAA’s 7 sites across Boulder County. This position is responsible for general repairs of all types, painting and cleaning. Minor landscaping and snow removal duties included.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Performs maintenance and repair tasks at all EFAA facilities, grounds and includes emergency trouble-shooting, preventative maintenance and repairs on plumbing, heating, electrical systems, and building structures.
• Assists the volunteer workers and/or contract repair persons (equipment mechanics, electricians, plumbers, etc.) in a variety of maintenance and repair functions.
• Respond to task requests placed by staff on a timely basis and according to Maintenance Supervisor.
• Responsible for landscaping, snow removal and other related duties not contracted to specialized services as necessary to maintain properties.
• Safely uses the tools and equipment in the performance of maintenance tasks: painting equipment, hand tools, power tools, long handled tools, cleaning equipment, ground keeping equipment and company vehicles.
• Maintain written record of maintenance performed and follow procedures for monthly record keeping and completes other relevant paperwork and reports related to maintenance.
• Interacts with EFAA participants and staff in a respectful, professional manner at all times.
• Takes proper safety precautions, anticipates unsafe circumstances and acts accordingly to prevent accidents. Adheres to and practices EFAA safety rules. Is responsible for ensuring volunteers and contractors adhere to EFAA safety rules.
• Inspects EFAA properties on a regular scheduled basis including cleanliness of site, repairs, and safety concerns. Any major items will be reported to the Maintenance Supervisor.
• During COVID response, a part of the work program may include selected support to food bank operations.
• Performs related duties as assigned by Maintenance Supervisor.
• At least 6 months of building maintenance and repair experience, including demonstrated working knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting and mechanical systems and equipment.
• Ability to follow established procedures for record keeping.
• Ability to operate various hand and power tools.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Basic email/text/calendar computer skills
• Valid driver’s license (driving history will be screened). EFAA vehicle will be made available during working hours.
• Ability to respectfully interact with diverse participant populations.
• Available for on-call in exceptional circumstances.
• Conversationally functional Spanish preferable (and compensated with language bonus).
Supervisor: The position is supervised by the Maintenance Supervisor
Working Environment, Physical Activities and Equipment Used:
Physical agility to perform all aspects of the job including standing, sitting, walking and/or the ability to lift up to 100 pounds and move equipment and objects on a regular basis. Regularly required to work outside. Climbing ladders and use of power tools is required on a regular basis. Required use of computer for data entry and other work. This position requires a valid Colorado Driver’s License and acceptable driving history.
Why You Should Apply:
EFAA's culture is employee-focused providing access to a generous benefits package including:
• Competitive pay commensurate with education and experience
• Considerable Paid Time Off
• Language bonus for Spanish-speaking capabilities
• Up to 100% employer paid health insurance premiums. Health plan option that covers families.
• Employer paid Simple IRA contributions.
• Family friendly policies and practices
• Commitment to professional development and training
How to Apply: Please email your resume and cover letter with Maintenance Assistant in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers