JVA, Inc. has an open position in our downtown Boulder office for a Marketing Coordinator. We seek a confident and dynamic personality with a strong creative outlook, an eye for design, and a keen sense of brand awareness to join our firm. Adaptability, organization, attention to detail and planning are essential. Advanced software skills are a must, and knowledge of the A/E/C industry puts you ahead of the learning curve.
Overall responsibility is to coordinate proposal sections using InDesign and Illustrator templates, and formatting Microsoft Word and Excel documents. You will be working directly with the Marketing Manager, and as a member of a 10-person Administrative team.
We desire a marketing professional with proposal coordinating/editing experience in the A/E/C industry. Knowledge of the Colorado market, familiarity with graphic design principles and software, social media campaigns and experience in a deadline driven working environment is an advantage.
While this is primarily a role focusing on proposals, other hats will be worn as needed. Someone who is a great personality fit, an organized self-starter, and willing to broaden their skill sets will do very well in this role.
JVA is a growing small business, and our firm is staffed with mindful, experienced professionals. We are devoted to sensible and conscientious problem solving for a wide range of engineering projects across Colorado from rural mountain town projects, to big cities and districts. Our professional culture values sound judgment, creative thinking, teamwork, and design sensitivity.
If you are a marketing pro, a stellar proposal coordinator, a rockstar administrative professional, or graphic designer with a flair for writing looking to advance your career in proposal development, please apply.
• Work with the Marketing Manager to facilitate proposal development process
• Lead kickoff meetings, set and manage the proposal schedule
• Format double-column documents, inserting photos and graphics
• Edit/write persuasive and compelling proposal text tailored to RFP requirements
• Edit ¬firm/staff quali¬fications, and technical writing to meet the proposal scope and strategy
• Create graphics to illustrate major text points
• Ensure that the proposal material is compliant with RFP requirements
• Responsible for fi¬nal formatting, printing, assembling ¬final document and coordinating delivery to meet deadline
• Provide consistency on all marketing and proposal materials
• Coordinate with teaming partners and subconsultants to obtain necessary proposal information
• Update/edit project lists, profiles, specialized marketing sheets, brochures, conference collateral, and PowerPoint presentations
• Social media content and posting
• Edit/write persuasive and compelling marketing text for brochures, ads, collateral, and website
• Assist in maintaining marketing resource libraries (resumes, project descriptions, and qualifications)
• Assist with design of print ads, internal newsletter, brochures, flyers, event invitations
• Internal event planning and organizing assistance
• Administrative support (answering phones, copying/filing, etc. as-needed)
• Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, business administration, graphic design or related field is preferred; experience in lieu of education is acceptable
• An understanding of JVA's industry - structural, civil, environmental engineering/consulting for local communities, municipalities, commercial and private clients
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in proposal development, editing, writing, and graphics
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and communicate with diplomacy is essential
• Comfortable handling overlapping short-term projects
• Strong analytical and project management skills
• Advanced skills with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is required
• Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (InDesign, Acrobat, Illustrator, Photoshop) is preferred
• Excellent email and phone communication skills
• Work samples of proposals, writing, graphics, presentation, etc. are required
If you have any of the above skills and desire to work for an engineering firm that has a lot of heart, please apply. We have a vision for the marketing department but are open to adjusting based on the person while maintaining alignment with the needs of the business.
Founded in 1956, JVA, Inc. is a 100+ person engineering consulting ¬firm with offices in Boulder, Fort Collins, Winter Park, Glenwood Springs, and Denver, Colorado. We specialize in structural, civil, environmental (water/wastewater), historic preservation, and infrastructure engineering for public and private entities across Colorado. We are employee-owned, offer a competitive benefits package, advocate professional growth, and have long-standing relationships with contractors, architects, developers, professional organizations, and community outreach programs.
Apply to this Craigslist posting. Please send a resume, cover letter, and work samples.
Please visit our website at www.jvajva.com.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers