QR Code Link to This Post
We are a local, women-managed, women-owned food manufacturing company looking for a Production Supervisor. We are all about making products that taste amazing and deliver added value for the customer. We embrace a team-oriented work environment where people can feel good and have fun every day but we are also very serious about what we do and work hard. Please look us up and connect. We would welcome a chance to chat with you about joining Know Brainer Foods.
Food Production Supervisor
• Responsible for managing all activities in the production of Company products, confections and coffee condiments, directly and through a staff. This role is responsible for full product cycle: preparation to production to packaging of finished goods. Must keep detailed/accurate records to ensure timely delivery of safe and quality food products, employee development, and operational evaluation. Work must be performed in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices and in compliance with all State and Federal laws. Reports to the General Manager.
• Monitors and assists in food production; food portioning, packing, quality and safety; completes production, packaging and sanitation paperwork correctly and in a timely manner
• Assists in the interviews/hiring, training, and scheduling of staff; monitors, documents, and evaluates staff performance, conducts performance reviews; develops and implements staff development and training plans.
• Develops, implements, monitors, and revises procedures to ensure the following: optimum appearance, flavor, and texture of all food products; delivery of products in the correct amounts, types and portion sizes; sanitary and safe food products; and safe and optimum working conditions of equipment for staff.
• Supervises employees in the production, packaging, and sanitation functions of the company to maintain an efficient, safe, and sanitary workplace
• Influences the production schedule by working with the General Manager to maximize production efficiency and output; executes the production schedule as written
• Assists the General Manager, R&D, and QC in developing new food production items.
• Other duties as assigned by General Manager.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
• Regularly operates independently
• Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions to challenges that arise.
• The duties and responsibilities of this position require excellent communication, clear thinking, experience with food production and a
Job Metrics and Goals
• Labor efficiency as determined by output and labor hours
• Compliance with written policies, GMP’s, HACCP plan, and other audit criteria
• On time with completed projects based on production schedule
• Employee development - knowledge base, efficiency, and effectiveness while at work