Job Title: Conservation Associate
Employer: Resource Central; Boulder, CO
Job Status: Full-time and Part-time positions available
Compensation: $14/hr to start - plus health, dental, vision, retirement, paid time off and more…
About Resource Central
We’re thirty people in Boulder determined to make conservation so simple that people don’t even realize they’re doing it. Founded in 1976, our nonprofit’s programs in water, energy, and waste have helped more than 500,000 people improve their homes, conserve natural resources, and save money. Learn more at: ResourceCentral.org.
Help us build a national model for reducing waste. Our nonprofit Conservation Associate plays a key role in helping families divert millions of pounds of building materials from landfills. We make it easy for people to improve their homes (and save money) by accepting donated building materials and reselling them at affordable prices. We’re looking for positive and supportive team members who will provide outstanding customer service to people donating and purchasing materials. This position also assists customers by providing project ideas, tool information, answering questions, and assistance finding materials. Additional duties include, but are not limited to: restocking department areas, keeping a clean and orderly sales yard, organizing inventory, and assisting volunteers. Home improvement, construction knowledge, or bilingual skills are a plus. Friendly and a fun attitude are a must.
Benefits include: health, dental, vision, life insurance, as well as short- and long-term disability, flexible spending account, 403b retirement plan, paid time off and paid holidays, reimbursement on a fitness membership, and employee discount on Resource Central products and services.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Deliver friendly customer service to customers via in-store purchasing and phone inquiries
• Greet and provide assistance to all patrons and donors with a positive attitude
• Accurately work the cash register/point of sale system and tool library
• Stock and maintain orderly displays throughout the yard and showroom
• Evaluate and receive acceptable donations or politely decline them
• Must be able to safely lift and carry up to 50 pounds and follow safety protocols
• Loading and unloading materials from customers’ vehicles
• Able to work outside in all types of weather
• Embrace personal responsibility and accountability for your job
• Passionate about conservation and a strong desire to learn
• Performs other duties as assigned
To apply please send resume with the subject line, “Conservation Associate.”
Resource Central is dedicated to equal employment opportunities. We provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job‐related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, military status, gender expression, genetic information or any other classification protected by applicable state or local law. It is our policy to maintain a non‐discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers