compensation: $16.50/hour plus mileage reimbursement and cell phone stipend employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Position Title: Lead Water Conservation Technician
Employer: Resource Central; Boulder, CO
Job Status: Approximately 32-40 hours/week; Temporary, May – August (with opportunities to extend longer)
Salary: $16.50/hour plus mileage reimbursement and cell phone stipend
Reports To: Water Program Manager: Turf Removal
Location: Primarily Denver and Boulder metro areas with possible travel as far as Fort Collins and Colorado Springs, and/or Breckenridge areas possible
About Resource Central
We’re an innovative nonprofit determined to make conservation so simple that people don’t even realize they’re doing it. Founded in 1976, our programs in water, energy, and waste have helped more than 600,000 people save money, improve their homes, and conserve natural resources. Learn more at: ResourceCentral.org.
Resource Central Mission To put conservation into action.
Resource Central is at the forefront of empowering Colorado residents and businesses to conserve water through our assortment of approachable, practical, and economical program offerings and partnerships with over 40 Front Range cities and water utilities. The Lead Water Conservation Technicians (AKA “Crew Leads”) play a key role in achieving our mission of putting conservation into action by delivering our Lawn Removal Service program across the Front Range. The Crew Lead position offers the opportunity to oversee day-to-day operations, manage a small team, work outdoors, and make measurable contributions toward sustainability in your community. We’re seeking energetic and enterprising applicants who want to work hard and don’t mind getting a bit dirty while empowering homeowners to reduce their water use. Ideal candidates have outstanding leadership and customer service skills, are eager to learn, have a strong work ethic, and can inspire others to do great work. Successful applicants will receive training about how to engage with and educate homeowners, business owners, and property managers about water conservation and best practices in landscaping, irrigation and xeriscaping. All Technicians will be taught valuable green-industry skills that will prepare them for careers in sustainability, conservation, and advocacy.
Principle duties include providing outstanding customer service and advancing Resource Central’s program goals. This includes providing practical solutions to community members to help them save water, maintain healthy lawns, and make waterwise landscaping the new norm in Colorado. The successful Crew Lead applicants will work exclusively on delivering the Lawn Removal Service, including:
● Overseeing and coaching at least two Water Conservation Technicians on a daily basis
● Ensuring all projects are safely and properly completed on schedule
● Anticipating and solving problems in the filed with limited resources
● Promote water conservation by cutting and removing sections of grass lawn from private homes and businesses across the Front Range using a sod cutter, hand tools, and other small machinery five days a week, May through August (with opportunities to extend longer).
● Safely driving a truck with trailer every day from Boulder to job sites across the Front Range
● Regularly meeting with the Water Program Manager and/or Coordinator to provide updates
Resource Central provides field-based outdoor conservation services to over 40 water districts as far north as Fort Collins and as far south as Fountain. We seek to hire Crew Leads who reside within ten miles of our facility at 6400 Arapahoe Ave., Boulder. Some extended travel and overnight hotel stays may be required, as well as weekly team Zoom video meetings.
Skills and Qualifications
● Superior communication and customer service skills. Bilingual English/Spanish a plus but not required
● Passion for or strong desire to learn about water conservation
● Outstanding and proven ability to oversee small teams and inspire others to do great work every time
● Flexible schedule and availability; reliability is a must. Some early mornings required
● Experience with or ability to quickly learn how to drive a large pickup truck with a trailer
● Ability to prioritize and multitask effectively. Excellent organizational skills and detail-oriented mindset
● Background or field experience in natural resource management, environmental studies, horticulture, landscaping, irrigation or similar field preferred
● Basic computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel preferred but not required
Essential Job Functions
● Must be willing and able to work outdoors in all kinds of weather including high temperatures and rain
● Must have a valid driver’s license, access to reliable transportation, automobile insurance and a ‘smart’ cell phone
● Must be able to pass a background check and drug screening if administered
● Must be able to lift 50 pounds, walk three miles, and kneel, lift, and bend throughout the day for several days in a row
Application Deadline: Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Open until filled.
Start Date: May 3, 2021
Application Process: To apply, submit a cover letter and a resume with the subject “Lead Water Conservation Technician”
Resource Central is dedicated to equal employment opportunities. We provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, military status, gender expression, genetic information or any other classification protected by applicable state or local law. It is our policy to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers