• Work as a team member with other staff and volunteers to maintain a safe, calm and supportive environment for the homeless adults in our community
• Provide information to residents on Shelter programs and other available community resources
• Enforce Shelter policies and boundaries in a consistent manner
• Deny admission to individuals whose presence would create unsafe or hostile conditions
• Complete all required shift paperwork and exchange pertinent information with other staff members verbally and in the written communication log
• Attend weekly supervision meetings and Tuesday staff meetings (meetings are temporarily held remotely)
• Handle multiple tasks and work productively in an environment where there are frequent interruptions
• Perform duties including resident intake process, answering the phone, answering the door, resident storage calls, posting resident messages, taking donations, giving tours, assisting residents with basic needs, and other duties as assigned
Qualifications: Desire to work with the homeless population and ability to work in a fast-paced environment. High school diploma. Must be able to attend weekly staff meeting (temporarily held remotely) every Tuesday morning from 9:30 – 11:00am. Must be able to do at least one overnight shift (11:30 – 8:30am) per week. Ability to remain calm and respond quickly to a crisis. Willingness to work early-morning and late-night hours, including weekends and holidays. Must work 80% of scheduled shifts. Requires standing for long periods of time. Basic computer skills. Bilingual/Spanish speakers encouraged to apply.
The Boulder Shelter for the Homeless is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Please submit cover letter and resume to be considered for this position.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers