compensation: +/- $45K plus bonus DOE employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Ramble on Pearl is seeking an enthusiastic individual excited about the opportunity to help shape a unique social enterprise here in Boulder as it responds to the challenging economic circumstances caused by Covid-19. The Site Manager will fulfill a hybrid role of managing the day to day operations of both our apprentice program and our retail store. As a key member of the leadership team, we will entrust this person to set the tone at Ramble as a positive place to learn, work and shop- delivering quality and value in our operations while generating the financial results that enable us to deliver our mission.
Ramble on Pearl is owned and operated by Boulder Treasures, Inc., a nonprofit founded in 2013, that creates pathways to purpose and community for adults with developmental disabilities through an apprenticeship program operated out of our store. At Ramble on Pearl, we teach critical work skills to our apprentices through paid on-the-job training, then help them secure meaningful employment in the community.
• Maximize the effectiveness of our program in assisting our apprentices learn job skills and secure independent community employment in a timely manner
• Create a retail experience that makes our customers want to return and to act as ambassadors of our store and mission by sharing their enthusiasm with their network
• Ensure an effective integration between the apprentice program and retail operations
• Create and foster a respectful, motivated team environment that demonstrates an enthusiasm for working with diversity
• Lead by doing: as a small business, the General Manager will actively participate in all aspects of the business operations including coaching our apprentices, working the sales floor and supporting the administrative responsibilities of running a boutique
• Manage all aspects of the four phases of our apprentice program: candidate intake, apprenticeship, job search & placement, and field job coaching of our graduates
• Manage day-to-day business operations of our store and staff to deliver first-class customer service and generate sales growth
• Supervise all staff and provide leadership that supports the organization’s goals, values and mission
• Manage a broad range of administrative responsibilities in collaboration with the executive leadership team to ensure the success of our business and mission
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience and passion for working alongside persons with developmental disabilities, including a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a job coach and/or program administrator
• Demonstrated leadership ability, with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in retail including as a store manager/assistant manager in a small business retail store
• Available to work a blend of weekdays and weekends; typically Tuesdays thru Saturdays
• A self-starter who seeks new challenges as a personal growth opportunity.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Excellent communication and facilitation skills
• Ability to lead and mentor others to realize their full potential with clarity, consistency, firmness, respect, and patience
• Demonstrated ability to deliver results through motivating, inspiring, and developing high performing teams
• Willingness to “roll up your sleeves” and do what is required to operate a small and thriving business
• 3 weeks PTO
• 3 days paid holidays and
• Employee merchandise discount
• Bachelor's Degree (minimum) required
Please reply with a resume and cover letter
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers