compensation: Based on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
The Pro Cyclist Foundation is a philanthropy dedicated to improving the sport of cycling by offering athletes at the highest level access to essential resources and career support.
Our Foundation is designed to be a centralized support network and to help connect the cycling fan base directly to the athletes. The Foundation was founded in summer 2020 and our vision is to build an organization and structure that will improve the cycling community for professionals through a variety of support programs that will ultimately enhance their journey and more importantly, inspire new riders from all walks of life to see the value in embracing a lifelong sport like cycling.
With a sound mission and vision, the Foundation also brings a new funding model to the world of Non-Profit organizations and we believe that this will bring a new level of value to all that join this community. The funding model provides the ability to serve the athletes and will make the Foundation a global leader in the sport.
The Executive Director will oversee all aspects of the Pro Cyclist Foundation. At the core of the position, this must be a leader who can inspire, execute and take on the accountability of successfully building an organization that is built to last.
Strategic and tactical planning will be a critical required strength. The Executive Director will have an intimate understanding of the professional cycling world, including the current state, the needs of the athletes and the ability to structure an organization to support the vision and athletes. Business experience and leading a team of various team members and roles will be a must for successful execution. Since the organization is in its infancy, the ability to wear multiple hats and be hands on in a daily capacity are key components of this role. The Executive Director will work in conjunction with the funding partnership of the organization and will provide the strategy and execution to grow the organization to a model that will support athletes across all levels of professional cycling with no limit on capacity of support.
The Executive Director will be the face and spokesperson of this organization and must be willing to provide the drive to build a foundation internally and externally with all stakeholders.
Requirements + Responsibilities:
• Experience with the cycling community and working with professional athletes
• Financial responsibility for the organization’s budget, fundraising goals and athlete programs
• Leadership of all roles including day to day management, hiring and communicating vision and tactical roles
• Experience with fundraising and hitting financial goals to successfully run an organization of this type
• Experience building relationships with key partners including donors, industry leaders, athletes, and media
• Understanding of Non-Profit 501(c)(3) financial, tax, legal and personnel structures
• Ability to communicate and understand our financial funding model
• Experience working with a Board of Directors and managing board responsibilities including reporting, strategic initiatives and managing committees
• Proven experience in marketing an organization and its cause, including media relations, public relation campaigns, content creation and continually increasing the Foundations footprint in a positive way
• Strong ability to proactively sell the organization and its model to expand support, investors and the community presence
Type of work: Full Time
Location: Denver, CO
Date Posted: November 15th, 2020
While we want to share everything, we simply cannot in this job description - know that there will be other responsibilities as the Pro Cyclist Foundation moves forward.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers