compensation: Depends on Experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Looking for a couple to manage the day to operations of a small Motel and RV Park in Colorado. Live on-site with no expenses in a one-bedroom apartment. This is an excellent opportunity for the right couple. Please send an email for more information and details. Must be able to pass a background check, credit check and drug test.
As a couple, you will be responsible for running the front office, cleaning the rooms and property, maintenance and groundskeeping of the property. A background in maintenance and a “I can fix it” attitude is a must. We serve a wide variety of clients and guest satisfaction is critical to the job. Any candidate should enjoy talking with the general public and able to represent themselves in a respectful manner. Modern technology will be used extensively in motel operations, including mobile devices, so candidates should be comfortable with learning how to use the required digital tools. Applicant must be neat, clean, organized, and detail orientated. Compensation will include an agreed-upon salary, housing in a 1-bedroom apartment behind the office, and a monthly/quarterly bonus based on motel performance. Previous experience in hospitality is preferred but not required.
Office Manager Duties:
• Run the front desk, including interacting with guests & others as the face of the motel
• Manage online, in-person, and phone reservation requests
• Check-in and check-out guests
• Collect payments and properly handle any cash received
• Respond to guest requests/complaints promptly and with appropriate follow-up
• Manage motel operations, including finances, bills, renovations, and maintenance
• Work closely with ownership to improve the motel revenue and guest satisfaction
• Need to resolve conflicts as needed, whether in the RV Park or rooms.
• General knowledge of guest rooms and the necessity of cleanliness and maintaining good working items.
• Be willing to work evenings, weekends and answer bell in the middle of the night as well as maintain regular office hours..
• Work outdoors when needed.
• Must be sure that all the details of the job are done and completed accurately.
• Make customers feel at home. Any mistakes could cause customers to stay at other hotels upon their next trip to the area.
• Have a high level of contact customers.
• Checks overall appearance of said guest rooms and RV sites.
• Knowledge of managing the operations of a business.
• Knowledge of providing special services to customers based on their needs.
• Knowledge of general office work such as filing and recording information.
• Knowledge of producing, supplying, and using goods and services. Also includes knowledge of the methods for keeping business records.
• Knowledge of the meaning, spelling, and use of the English language.
• Knowledge of protecting people, data, and property.
• Knowledge of advertising and selling products and services.
• Knowledge of the rules and uses of numbers.
• General knowledge of heating, A/C, electrical and plumbing skills.
• Knowledge and ability to use basic work tools and equipment.
• Ability to patch holes, clean carpets and paint walls.
• Ability to work well under limited supervision.
• Ability to work well with others.
• Ability to talk well with guests and carry on a meaningful conversation.
• Strong work ethics.
• Be honest and trustworthy.
• ]Apartment, building or lodging maintenance experience.
• General knowledge of guest rooms and the necessity of cleanliness and general overall appearance of said guest rooms and RV sites.
• Clean rooms promptly and very thoroughly deep clean when they become vacant, a quick turnaround of the rooms is important.
• Keep bathrooms and Laundry room clean at all times.
• Keep motel laundry room neat, organized and clean at all times.
• Do all motel laundry, swap 1 for 1.
• Keep office and lobby clean at all times, clean and dust at least once a week.
• Keep motel entryway door areas and rock areas in front of the rooms neat and clean at all times, sweep and clean at least once per week.
• Monitor cleaning supplies and motel furnishing supplies (linens, etc.), make list of needed supplies and keep updated.
• Keep front porch, patio, basement, and shed neat clean and organized at all times.
• Ability to bend at waist and work on knees.
• Ability to reach over head.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time.
• Ability to walk up and down stairs.
• Ability to work outside in hot or cold weather conditions.
• Ability to lift and carry over 50 pounds.
Job Type: Full-time
• relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
• English (Required)
• Spanish (Preferred)
• Other forms
• One location
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers