The Grounds/Landscaping Technician is responsible for the overall cleanliness and curb appeal of the community including the grounds, amenities, building exteriors, leasing office, parking lots etc.
QR Code Link to This Post
1. May assist in the preparation of vacant apartments and in completing service requests as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor.
1. Maintaining the community's appearance by removing litter, keeping common areas such as pool, dumpsters, and recreating areas free of debris.
2. Check pet stations weekly or as needed, add new bag rolls and empty waste bags.
3. Check dumpster areas for broken glass and trash daily.
4. Assist with snow removal procedures as outlined in snow removal policies and procedures.
5. Water flowers around Clubhouse and pool (seasonal)
6. Sweep curb lines, pressure washing as needed, change exterior light bulbs.
7. Clean Clubhouse and Fitness Center weekly, mop floors, clean restrooms, vacuum carpets and rugs, clean glass.
8. Post notices as instructed.
9. Mow, trim, edge lawn weekly (seasonal)
10. Assist in start-up and maintenance of the sprinkler system, repair broken heads, and leaks.
11. Perform seasonal aeration as instructed.
12. Spot spray weeds, remove weeds from rock beds, and sidewalk cracks.
13. Properly prune trees and shrubs as necessary.
14. Perform spring and fall clean up of beds around buildings.
15. Perform routine maintenance and care to all lawn equipment.
16. Thorough clean up of sidewalks, parking lot, dumpster areas after lawn care.
QUALIFICATIONS: (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Training & Experience.)
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required.
1. One to three months' related experience required.
2. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
3. Valid drivers' license, ability to drive, and insurance required.
4. Good safety habits.
5. Ability to communicate in English clearly with others orally and in writing.
6. Able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Able to write simple correspondence.
7. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees.
8. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
1. Ability to frequently lift or more 20-70 pounds regularly, more on occasion.
2. Ability to often move appliances and heavy machinery correctly and safely.
3. Ability to frequently walk steps, climb ladders, scaffolding, ramps, poles, etc.
4. Frequently kneeling or bending.
5. Ability to maintain equilibrium when working in high places.
6. Stooping, requiring full use of lower extremities and back muscles.
7. Frequent reaching and extending or arms and hands.
8. Frequent crouching down and forward by bending legs and back.
9. Duties may require contact with human and/or animal waste; proper safety precautions must be taken.
10. Work environment is indoor/outdoor work as needed. Temperature ranges may be very cold to very hot.