compensation: Competitive compensation package with full suite of benefits employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join the growing SurveyGizmo team! This position plays a crucial role in maintaining our high standards for application availability and operational excellence. Our customers rely on SurveyGizmo to be available 24x7, and SurveyGizmo relies on our Site Reliability Engineer Heroes to achieve that goal!
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Information Technology, the Site Reliability Engineer will join a team of driven individuals who work smarter, not harder, to automate solutions and keep the systems running smoothly. As part of this team, you’ll manage a highly transactional, business-critical web application and serve customers by troubleshooting & resolving technical issues, improving operational efficiency, and designing new solutions to ensure scaleability, reliability, performance, and application security.
What you will do:
- Serve on the team that is responsible for all cloud infrastructure
- Collaborate closely with the Software Engineering team to design, develop, test, and deploy software releases and new infrastructure components
- Develop, monitor, and maintain scaleable production systems
- Write documentation on common procedures and troubleshooting paths
- Assist with on-call rotation to ensure 24x7 availability
- Proactively identify and address reliability issues so that on-call rotation is quiet and doesn’t interrupt your sleep and life outside of work
- Provide internal support to our Customer Service team to debug production issues, including pulling logs, reproducing problems, and following up to ensure problems are fully resolved
What you bring to this role:
- 3+ years of experience managing Linux-based production SaaS environments
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting high-volume web applications using tools such as Nagios, Puppet, ELK, Terraform as well as AWS native tools
- Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) EC2
- Fluent in Linux command line system administration such as Bash, VIM, SSH
- Passionate about providing top-notch customer service and wowing colleagues with how you go above and beyond for them
- Positive can-do attitude to fit in with our team
- Self-motivated and driven to continuously improve how things are today
- Ability to design and deliver stable technology solutions that meet the needs and objectives of the business
- Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Relevant certifications, SQL database knowledge, software development experience, and a desire to eat Tacos on Tuesday will all be counted as a plus
To apply, please visit the job posting on our website or click here.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers