OptTek Systems is the leading provider of optimization technology to the simulation software industry. Founded in 1992, the OptTek team includes internationally recognized leaders in optimization and has a strong history of creating world class applications combining simulation, optimization, and analytics.
But OptTek is much more than a leading provider of optimization technology. We have a truly unique culture that promotes positive attitudes, mutual respect across our team, and a fun, friendly working environment. We work hard but value work/life balance, generally enjoying a 36-hour, 4-day work week. To learn more, visit www.OptTek.com.
OptTek is experiencing rapid growth and is seeking a seasoned Business Development Director/Business Area Lead Job with a proven track record of successful business development. If you want to be part of a talented, highly collaborative team and work in an amazing environment, get in on the ground floor of an amazing opportunity, AND help make the world a better place by eliminating waste and inefficiency, read on.
Due to our success, we are seeking a talented Director of Business Development/Business Area Lead to join our growing team in Boulder Colorado. This is a hybrid role, reporting directly to the CEO that will be primarily responsible for new business development of OptPro, a sophisticated production scheduling solution developed to specifically address the complexities of scheduling manufacturing operations. Additionally, the chosen individual will serve as the Business Area Lead weighing in on strategic investments, business area strategy and project selection, as well as high-level product roadmap to include functionality and usability considerations. The position requires a highly motivated business development professional capable of creating new business opportunities as well as serving as commercial business area lead.
In this role, the chosen candidate will primarily be responsible for:
• Leading Sales & Marketing efforts for OptTek’s commercial business unit
• Creating go to market strategies and associated execution plans
• Driving revenue growth and be accountable for quarterly revenue goal attainment
• Serving as a “Sales Hunter” generating new logo business
• Overseeing business area strategy and ultimately project selection
• Identifying high-level target project P&L objectives and support project objectives
• Determining the correct portfolio of projects
• Assisting in evaluation and selection of strategic investments
Essential requirements and experience include:
US citizenship is required along with the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD security clearance.
• Successful business development experience with complex software solutions, particularly new logo business
• Exposure/familiarity with go to market strategy development and execution
• Strategic thinker with experience analyzing business opportunities
• Experience with project management and leading complex projects
• Familiarity with software project implementation
• Exposure to software development including strategic roadmap/requirements definition
• Occasional travel may be required for sales and/or demonstrating product performance
Education and/or Experience
• A Bachelor degree from an accredited U.S. college or university, or a certified foreign studies equivalency
• 8+ years proven, successful business development experience
Here's what's in it for you:
• Competitive compensation including annual bonus plans
• Comprehensive benefits package which includes health insurance, disability benefits, a matched 401(k) and more
• 36-hour, 4-day work week (yes, you read that correctly)
• Flexible, remote work options
• Interesting, changing work centered around your capabilities, interests, and work style
• Open Paid Time Off Policy (yes, you read that correctly, too)
• Free parking at our amazing historic Boulder location and provided Ecopass
• Catered lunches - every day
• A host of company events including a wide range of community service, team, and family-friendly activities throughout the year
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. OptTek is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be a dog-friendly, Equal Opportunity Employer.