compensation: Salary based on experience. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Skycastle Construction, LLC is seeking a Residential Construction Estimator/Project Manager (PM).
Based in downtown Boulder, Skycastle Construction has been delivering full-service general contracting and construction management services for residential and commercial projects since 2002. The majority of our work is in the Boulder County area, but include projects in the Denver Metro area and all along the Colorado Front Range. The firm is known best known for high-quality custom homes on the cutting edge of green building. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package and an opportunity for professional growth in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
Position is for a full time Independent Contractor for the first six months with the possibility of then transitioning to a FT salaried employee with benefits.
Anticipated 30-40+ hours/week.
• Review and understand bid scope and requirements thoroughly
• Gather and review proposals, plans, specifications and related documents to identify labor, equipment, material, subcontractor and time requirements for projects
• Develop and maintain relationships and collaborate with engineers, owners, regulatory entities, clients, subcontractors and vendors
• Work closely with our design/build team.
• Conducts site visits prior to bidding
• Reviews contracts and identifies tasks necessary to satisfy contractual requirements
• Solicits, reviews and analyzes pricing from vendors and subcontractors
• Performs accurate quantity take-offs to quantify all scopes of work being bid on a project
• Prepares bid by analyzing labor, equipment, material, subcontractor and time requirements
• Tracks Change Orders, shop drawings, RFIs and addendums
• Reviews job cost/budget with Project Management team, highlights any vendors/subcontractors which may still need to be awarded
• Consistently follows up on submitted bids
• Upon award of project, coordinates with vendors and subcontractors for contracts and scheduling
• Prepare documents and schedule turn-over meetings to ensure the Project Manager and Superintendents understand the entire scope of work, budgets, productions, and schedules prior to the start of construction
• *While this job is primarily anticipated as an office job, there will occasionally be the need to go out into the field and act as a site supervisor for extended periods of time. Flexibility is a requirement.
• Preferred degree in Construction Management or relevant field and/or office experience
• 1-5 year's experience estimating custom residential and small to medium commercial projects.
• Must be able to read and understand construction plans, geotechnical reports and specifications
• Basic proficiency in Bluebeam.
• The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of residential construction projects including utilities, excavation, foundations, framing, MEP, fire suppression, insulation, drywall, trim, tile, etc..
• A general understanding of Front Range building codes
• Knowledge of green building techniques, codes and products in Colorado
• Proficiency with using Excel for scheduling and estimating
• Ability to manage multiple bids and projects at the same time
• Ability to work under tight deadlines
• Highly responsible and detail oriented.
• Strong computer skills, including all MS Office products and Bluebeam
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Positive attitude and team player
• Reliable transportation is required for site visits.
Start date: ASAP
Email your resume by responding to this job posting. No phone calls please.
Skycastle Construction, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free company. All employees are subject to a background check & random drug testing.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers