Ute Creek Apartments is Looking to add a Full-Time Maintenace Technician Position. Professional Managed by HPMA with great benefits and an amazing Team. Previous Experience Required.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the general appearance and maintenance of the physical property and for ensuring the efficient operation of the property on a daily basis.
1. Check the exterior of buildings for any maintenance problems. Replace light bulbs as necessary.
2. Check vacant apartments for needed repairs and complete those repairs.
3. Grout tile and caulk tub/toilet/sink as necessary.
4. Repair and replace locks and deadbolt locks as needed. Rotate locks at turnover.
5. Check all doors and windows for proper operation and weather stripping, paying particular attention to entry doors.
6. Repair and replace windows and screens.
Unplug toilets and drains.
Replace toilet repair kits.
Replace faucets, seats, and washers.
General plumbing repairs.
Replace/repair garbage disposals.
Handle general electrical repairs.
Replace light switches, fixtures, outlets and fuses.
Replace phone jacks.
Replace/repair exterior lighting.
9. Common area and Apartment Work Requests:
Work requests must be picked up at the office and completed within 24 hours. All requests must be in writing and issued by the Property Manager or his/her designee.
Delays in completing work requests must be communicated to the resident and the Property Manager.
Return work requests to the office upon completion.
Sheetrock repair, paint, and texture.
General carpentry and drywall repairs.
General repair and replacement of appliances.
Air conditioners: clean filters, compressors, and condenser coils.
All general heating/cooling repairs.
12. Be familiar with the location or power, water and gas turnoff valves, clean-out traps, fire extinguishers, and fire hydrants on the property.
13. Snow Removal: Follow snow removal procedures as outlined in snow removal policies and procedures.
14. Preventive maintenance:
Be familiar with and follow preventive maintenance procedures.
Initiate repairs to prevent a greater future expense.
Furnace filter replacement according to preventive maintenance procedures.
15. Carry an on-call cell phone for maintenance emergencies and contact with the office. Be on-call as scheduled by management for after-hour emergencies.
16. Create and maintain a safe work environment, and safety concerns must be reported to your supervisor immediately.
17. Perform pool and spa maintenance.
18. Adhere to all Fair Housing laws and regulations.
19. Other duties as assigned by management.
QUALIFICATIONS: (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Training & Experience.)
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
1. One to three months' related experience in maintenance required.
2. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
3. Valid drivers' license, ability to drive, and insurance required.
4. Basic knowledge of electrical, plumbing systems, and painting procedures.
5. Good safety habits.
6. Ability to communicate in English clearly with others orally and in writing.
7. Able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Able to write simple correspondence.
8. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees.
9. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
10. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
1. Ability to frequently lift or more 20-70 pounds regularly, more on occasion.
2. Ability to often move appliances and heavy machinery correctly and safely.
3. Ability to frequently walk steps, climb ladders, scaffolding, ramps, poles, etc.
4. Frequently kneeling or bending.
5. Ability to maintain equilibrium when working in high places.
6. Stooping, requiring full use of lower extremities and back muscles.
7. Frequent reaching and extending or arms and hands.
8. Frequent crouching down and forward by bending legs and back.
9. Duties may require contact with human and/or animal waste; proper safety precautions must be taken.
10. The work environment is indoor/outdoor work as needed. Temperature ranges may be very cold to very hot.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities