Volunteer Team Member – Teen girls empowerment program
QR Code Link to This Post
I am looking to build a team of volunteers to help with a camp for teen girls. The first camp is happening June 9-11 in Lyon’s CO and the vision is for it continue to expand after that.
Helping teenage girls to feel their power so that:
• They may authentically connect with other girls while connecting deeply to themselves, nature, and their food in profound and healing ways
• They may feel at home in their bodies
• They may realize that it’s ok to be who they are and that they don’t have to live up to society’s projected image of who they “should be”
• They may enact change
Elements of the program:
• Connecting to nature
• Connecting to one another
• Developing a healthy connection to food
• Self-love and confidence
• Strength through nature- doing outdoor activities to feel strong and build collaboration and problem-solving skills
• Feminine cycles and moon cycles
• Yoga and Dance (IntenSati, 5 Rhythms, The Class, etc.)
The Position: I am looking for volunteer team members who possess some of the following skills. Please do not hesitate to apply if you don’t meet these and you feel called to do this. What matters most is the energy between us because that will really fuel the creative process and action-taking. If there are skills we do not have among us, we can learn some new things!
• Would identify as spiritual/a spiritual seeker/interested in spirituality
• Marketing/Online marketing experience
• Non-Profit Experience
• Experience working with teens/teen girls
• Yoga, dance, or meditation teacher/enthusiast
• Youtube or video production experience
• Experience in camp and/or retreat management
• Hiking/outdoors expert or enthusiast
• Life coach or health coach
• Meeting in person or via zoom to work on the program for 2-5 hours per week.
• Collaborating with myself on:
o Developing programming - including after-school programs, online content, retreats, and camps
o Developing marketing material
o Marketing on social media
o Marketing to schools and the community
o Recruiting and scheduling guest teachers
o Getting to know and supporting the teen girls in our program
o Financial management
o Business planning and 501(c)(3) application
o Fund-raising experience
Why Should You Apply?
• You have a passion for helping people step into their power.
• You want to create an incredible program from the ground up and see it through for years to come, continuing to grow the program.
• You want the next generation of women to know their worth and be change-makers in this world.